Alpha Rapid Repair Ltd Privacy Notice
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with general data protection regulations (GDPR), the data protection act of 1998.
Alpha Rapid Repair Ltd takes its obligations concerning data protection (GDPR) very seriously. We provide this information on our website, so anyone can see this information about how we collect and process your personal data. Please feel free to read our privacy notice as it has important information that you may need to know. Our data controller is Alpha Rapid Repair – Unit 4 Arrowhead Road, Waterbrook Park, Sevington, Ashford, Kent. TN24 0FL.
As a vehicle body repairer, we repair all different makes and models of vehicles for retail customers, motor insurance companies, main dealers, fleet companies and lots of local businesses in our area. We use contracted specialist companies that supply all our paint and materials.
In order for Alpha Rapid Repair to estimate and repair your vehicle we request some necessary personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
The personal data that we request/hold may include but is not limited to the following:
- CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS NAME
- CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS FULL ADDRESS
- A CONTACT NUMBER
- AN EMAIL ADDRESS
- BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS (IF PAYING BY BACS)
- VAT STATUS AND EXCESS INFORMATION
- VEHICLE DETAILS
- IMAGES OF THE VEHICLE (BEFORE AND AFTER THE REPAIR)
- CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS INSURANCE COMPANY DETAILS
- PROOF OF IDENTITY IF REQUIRED
- CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS IMAGE ON OUR SECURITY CCTV SYSTEM AROUND OUR SITE
- CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS FEEDBACK
Alpha Rapid Repair needs personal data for a number of reasons:
- NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS – To send information about the repairs to clients/customers vehicles.
- VEHICLE INFORMATION – So we are able to provide the correct repair process and any parts required
- TO IDENTIFY CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS AND THEIR VEHICLE – Some personal data may be passed to us by clients/customers insurance company or other companies that we deal with (i.e. recovery company or other companies)
- TO CONTACT CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS VIA TELEPHONE OR EMAIL
- TO PROCESS PAYMENTS
- TO HELP US IMPROVE OUR SERVICES TO ALL CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS
Your information that you have provided may be used with vehicle manufacturers, insurance companies, accident management companies and third-party accident companies that Alpha Rapid Repair Ltd are approved repairers for.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL NOT BE PASSED OUTSIDE THE UK.
We may also disclose specific information if requested by government authorities.
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contactors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you where we are legally required to do so.
It is important that the personal date we hold about you is accurate and current. Please notify us should your personal information change.
Alpha Rapid Repair will keep your personal data on record for as long as necessary for our record keeping requirements. We will hold:
- YOUR NAME
- CONTACT NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- VEHICLE MAKE AND MODEL
- BOOKING IN DATE/ESTIMATE DATE
- CCTV IMAGES ARE KEPT ON RECORD FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, UNLESS THERE IS DUE REASON FOR THESE IMAGES TO BE KEPT
If you have any question regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data then please email us at email@example.com
Alpha Rapid Repair Ltd may update this privacy notice/general data protection regulation when required to comply with the regulations.
This information about our GDPR and company policies are stored on hard copies in our Ashford office.